If you’ve ever had trouble pulling on a pair of jeans that usually fit or stepped on the scale to find you gained several pounds in just a few days, the culprit might not be your diet and exercise routine. Instead, you might simply be experiencing bloating.
Bloating is a common problem that results from excess water retention in the subcutaneous tissues of the body. This fluid can collect in a variety of areas – such as the feet, butt, legs, thighs, and ankles – but is typically most pronounced in the abdominal region. There are a variety of reasons why bloating might occur. People with congestive heart failure will offer suffer from bloating. High blood pressure can also lead to excess fluid accumulation. Often, however, the causes are less serious. Some medicines, such as prednisone and ones designed to reduce inflammation, can cause fluid to accumulate in the subcutaneous tissues of the abdomen. The problem can sometimes be attributed to excess sodium intake, and abdominal bloating is a common symptom of PMS.
Although it’s not typically dangerous, bloating is definitely undesirable since it can result in you looking heavier than you really are and make you feel uncomfortable in your own body. The bad news is that eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly usually aren’t enough to completely prevent bloating. The great news is that there are natural products that can help solve this issue, particularly when it is caused by the hormonal changes that occur shortly before menstruation.
Perhaps the biggest challenge for the many women looking for relief from abdominal bloating caused by PMS is knowing which product to choose. There are some affordable and effective products on the market, but many are expensive and do not deliver results. When you’re shopping for a product, make sure it meets all of the following criteria:
- One of the effects of the product is increased output of fluid (this is key for eliminating excess water from the body).
- There are no harmful or dangerous side effects.
- Potassium and magnesium are included in the list of ingredients.
- It contains natural ingredients considered safe.
- Information about how the product affects the body’s tissues to reduce bloating is available.
- The ingredients included in the product are in their pure form.
- The product is designed to maintain an optimal electrolyte balance within the body.
- Ingredients are present in sufficiently high doses to be effective.
- There are ingredients designed to promote urinary tract health.
- There are studies or information about the key ingredients showing they are effective at reducing bloating.
Considering all of the factors above will require a little time and effort, but it will be well worth it if it allows you to find a product that will finally relieve the bloating you experience on a monthly basis. With a great anti-bloating product, you won’t have to worry about arranging your social calendar around your “time of the month” because you’re too embarrassed to leave the house. A good anti-bloating product can help you look trim and keep your flat tummy even when you’re experiencing PMS…and you can finally eliminate those ugly stretch waist pants from your wardrobe once and for all!
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.