The term “digestion” is used to describe the complex process by which the body breaks down the foods we consume, removes vital nutrients and water so they can be used by the body, and expels wastes. The colon is a vital part of the digestive tract and the overall process of digestion. When it is healthy, the colon absorbs nutrients and water and completely expels all of those substances that are unnecessary and even potentially harmful: feces, bacteria, certain parasites, dead cells, and environmental toxins found in our food.
Problems can occur when the colon cannot completely eliminate waste. Over time, these undesirable substances can collect in the colon and become trapped there. And the amounts that accumulate can be substantial—estimates state that some colons may have up to 12 pounds of what many would classify as “toxic waste.” So exactly what impact does this have on a person’s overall health? Consider this statement by gastroenterologist Dr. Anthony Bassler: “Every physician should realize that the intestinal toxemia (poisons) are the most important primary and contributing causes of many disorders and diseases of the human body.” Problems associated with these poisons include bloating, weight gain, lower back pain, and, not surprisingly, issues with digestion. The individual might also have acne breakouts, feel fatigued, or have frequent headaches.
The best way to address these issues and the underlying cause is to remove excess waste from the colon, which is precisely what colon cleansers are designed to do. These products will not only reduce overall toxin levels in the body, but will also allow the colon to absorb nutrients more efficiently in the future.
If you decide to use a colon cleanser, it’s essential to know exactly what to look for in a quality product. Some characteristics of a good colon cleanser are:
- It contains ingredients shown to help with digestion.
- It contains extracts that can help your body eliminate wastes and toxins, including parasites and heavy metals.
- It has substances that can help boost your immune system so your body can fight off illness.
- It has ingredients that can raise your energy level.
- There are gentle laxatives in the product to naturally promote bowel movements and help break down compacted and hardened waste.
- There are enzymes and/or probiotics to help with the breakdown and removal of various types of impurities in the colon.
Bowel movements-their frequency in particular-are a good way to gauge your overall colon health. Going more often means you are eliminating the waste that passes through your colon before it has a chance to “stick” to the intestinal walls, which can lead to accumulation over a period of months and years. As a general rule, you should have two to three bowel movements daily—one after each meal. The average number is likely much lower, but that doesn’t mean it is healthy or desirable. If you have bowel movements just once a day or once every several days, you should probably think about using a colon cleanser and consider how you can increase your intake of fiber. Taking this multi-faceted approach will likely increase the frequency of your bowel movements. And this can help address or prevent not only the accumulation of toxins, feces, and other wastes in your colon, but also the many health problems that are linked to this common issue.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective colon products on the market today, we determine these products based on important key factors : Potential to Clean the Colon of Harmful Waste & Toxins, Potential to Promote Better Digestion & Increase Elimination, Potential to Promote Improved Immune System Function, Potential to Provide Increased Energy Level’s. Quality of Ingredients backed by clinical research. Ultimately, we determined the bottom-line value of each product.
Tips to Maintain a Healthy :
- Make an effort to include more fiber in your diet, including whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat food in its whole and unprocessed form whenever possible.
- Consume fresh juice and raw fruits and vegetables as opposed to cooked ones.
- Try to up your water intake.
- Reduce the amount of red meat you consume.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficiency.