Slendesta is a dietary supplement manufactured by Kemin Industries that claims to control the appetite by use of one ingredient; potato protein extracted from white potatoes. Kemin Industries was founded in 1961 and sell a variety of products backed by science. Slendesta reduces portion sizes and create a feeling of satiety without the urge to overeat. Slendesta is not only formulated for dieters but for diet cheaters who continue to eat even with the knowledge that eating too much will encourage weight gain. There are no testimonials on the official website. Potatoes are high in carbohydrates, which are filling because they contain the unique protein P12. A clinical study performed on P12 found that it stimulates the peptide Cholesystokinin (CCK) which signals satisfaction in the digestive system to the brain.
Ingredients Contained In The Product
Potato Protein Extract.
Slendesta The Product Details
Slendesta contains the Proteinase Inhibitor II (P12) a natural protein found under potato skins, which releases Cholecystokinin (CCK). This natural factor sends a message to the brain signaling digestive system satiety. Slendesta does not contain stimulants; it is an all-natural patented product that claims to create a feeling of fullness. Because it contains only one natural ingredient, it will not create any of the side effects that most fat burners and appetite suppressants create. The official website is kemin.com, but there is not enough information about the product, nor an ingredient label. It can be purchased from third party retailers including Vitacost.com for $13.49 for 60 capsules. It is recommended to take one capsule an hour before your two largest meals.
Strengths of Slendesta
- Contains patented ingredients.
- Does not create side effects.
- Slendesta does not promise fat weight loss* but steady weight loss* over several months.
- It is sold worldwide and prices vary between retailers.
Weaknesses of Slendesta
- Although the manufacturer claims that clinical research has been conducted on Slendesta, there appears to be no published information.
- There is no money back guarantee or free trial offer available.
- The manufacturers website lacks further information.
- There are testimonials available on third party retailer websites, but none on the manufacturers website.
- It may require long-term usage of six months to see significant results.
Slendesta The Bottom Line
Slendesta is unique in that it contains only one patented ingredient that has been proven to trick the stomach into feeling full through the release of P12. However, there are no published details of this study, and it is only available from third party retailers who may not offer a free trial or money back guarantee. A benefit is that it contains no stimulants and will not create the side effects they cause.
Tips for Maintaining a Healthy and Optimal Weight
- Eat a healthy diet and increase your activity level if you want to maximize your weight loss*
- Try to focus on foods that are high in protein and fiber and limit your intake of trans fats
- Make a habit of reading nutritional labels before you throw an item in your cart and choose lower calorie options whenever possible
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water to help curb hunger cravings
- Exercise regularly to help you increase your metabolism, lose extra weight* and look more toned
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficiency.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice.We do not suggest that any product alone is effective for weight loss* without acknowledging the importance of diet, exercise and restriction of caloric intake in any weight loss* program.